When “Free” Isn’t Free.
Free is a good thing right? Well, as the old saying goes, nothing in life is free. Or is it?
Many things are offered for free, but they really do come with a cost.
We were inspired by the man who drove to 11 Wendy’s fast food restaurants to get free chicken nuggets. When you start to add up his gas, wear and tear on his car, and his time, you realize he may not have gotten anything for free.
In fact, when you factor in your time, you may make you think twice about taking that next thing for “free.”
Here are some things that may seem “free,” but actually may cost you in the end:
- Free checking at banks
- 0% or no interest credit cards
- No interest payments on new purchases
- Chicken nuggets
- Free – only pay for Shipping & Handling
- Free Shipping
- Free vacation with a time-share presentation
- Checked luggage
- “Buy One Get One” sales (BOGO)
- Free equipment installation
- Free used appliances/furniture
- Trial subscriptions